Shadow: a dark area or shape produced by a body coming between rays of light and a surface.
John 8:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
My favorite scripture is Psalm 91. It is my go to passage. If I’m happy or if I’m sad it touches my heart.
- He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
- I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
- Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
- He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
- Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
- Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
- A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
- Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
- Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
- There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
- For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
- They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
- Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
- Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
- He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
- With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
How comforting it is to know, that whatever circumstance the Devil throws at us, God will always be there protecting us.
He loves us so much that…
“He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.”
“For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.”
In his shadow I find refuge – a safe place – peace, and comfort. He protects us from harm.
A Mama bird puts her babies under her wings to shield them from harm, to keep them warm, protect them. Do you think this is a coincidence that our Heavenly Father does the same to us? I don’t think so.
I yearn to be constantly in his shadow. I pray for a hedge of protection over my family daily.
Remember that when you are facing trying times, and you see a shadow, be reminded that God is our light, and no matter what comes ahead of us, beside or behind us, God’s light will shine around it, creating a shadow.
So the next time you see a shadow, I pray that it will be a reminder to you, that God is walking with you each step of the way.
Please let his light shine within you today.